Let’s face it…there might be more than eight reasons why flannel is perfect year round, but for today…eight reasons will do.
A soft faded vintage flannel is actually a year round essential and, in our very humble opinion, we believe that one is never enough. If you crave comfort and can’t wait to shed your corporate attire after a long day, then soft, vintage flannel is perfect for you. If, you never have to dress in corporate wear, then flannel might be a part of your daily wardrobe. Whatever suits your lifestyle, flannel should be a part of it.
Eight Reasons Why Flannel is Perfect Year Round
1. Flannel is 100% cotton, which means it breathes. Depending upon the weight. and flannel comes in about 50 different weights, it’s the perfect fabric year round. Lightweight in spring and summer and heavier in the winter, you can wear flannel alone or layer it over t-shirts or a thermal. Too hot for summer you say? How about removing the sleeves and wearing it as a beach cover-up?
2. Let’s face it – flannel has been in style since clothes were created. Have you ever not seen flannel on display year in and year out?
3. Even high fashion designers like Ralph Lauren and Gucci (just to name a few) have created flannel shirts.
4. Sometimes, depending upon where you live (like Franklin, Tennessee), it’s easy to forget that not everyone suffers from heat and humidity. Oodles of states and regions of the USA and around the world, stay cool year round. Think flannel as part of your travel wardrobe to cooler climates.
5. Anyone of any age can wear flannel, oversized and slouchy or fitted and tucked. It’s your call because flannel is so versatile. We often see flannel with jeans and boots, but how about a flannel shirt with a tulle skirt? Think princess meets country and it’s so good.
6. Do you know how many different plaids, styles and color there are of flannel? We don’t either, but we can promise there are more than you can imagine or ever wear. Flannel literally comes in every color of the rainbow and thus, it goes with everything!
7. Flannel is soft and Franklin Flannels are the softest shirts you’ll ever own. And…who doesn’t love softness?
8. Flannel is not just for wearing. Think flannel sheets – flannel table cloths – flannel table runners (like these woven with alpaca) – flannel scarves – flannel headbands – flannel caps…FLANNEL is perfect Year Round!
We want to hear from you. Tell us why you love flannel and share more reasons why it’s a year round staple for any closet.